The right laptop can propel your business to the next level and a wrong one can drastically limit your growth. It is for this reason that purchasing a laptop for your business is usually not a spontaneous decision. It is imperative that you consider each and every feature before choosing one.
Keep these things in mind to make the right decision, which is sure to reap benefits for you and your business:
- Define your usage: Before you even start checking out the laptops at, it is crucial to define your usage. If you are a designer or plan to use your laptop for video editing or 3D modeling then you require a high-end processor with top-notch graphics and SSD drive for fast rendering, but if your usage is limited to using Word or Excel, then you may not require a high-end laptop. While defining your laptop usage, it is important to think ahead and take into consideration your laptop usage for the next couple of years. Similarly if majority of the work is done from the desk then weight or thickness might not matter but if it is for a mobile professional then a 2 in 1 laptop or a ultra-thin laptop makes perfect sense.
- Money, money…: Once you are sure about your usage it is time to take another decision of defining your budget. Go for features, which you actually require. The trick is to go for the laptop, which provides the best possible features in your budget. So, put on your thinking cap and go for a brand which offers you the cost without compromising on quality.
- Form Factor: Should you go for touchscreen or stylus support? Is hybrid style better for you or traditional style? These are some of the important things, which you would need to decide before zeroing in on a perfect laptop for your business? If the userwants the portability of a tablet with the productivity of a laptop a 2 in 1 like Acer Switch series makes a perfect companion. It comes with precision Active Stylus pen, a detachable screen a super quite liquid cooling solution, front and back camera and WQHD display which makes it perfect for a host of usage scenarios.
- Style and design: Who says business laptops needs to be boring? These days you can get high-end security and productivity features in an ultra sleek classy design to show off in your boardroom or at a client meeting. Business Ultrabooklike the Acer Swift series makes the ultimate style statement while remaining productive over long work days or your trans-Atlantic flights.
- Service Support: A robust service support is a prerequisite to ensure you don’t face much downtime in your business. Ensure that the PC brand provides the best-in-class service support to help you. A case in point is Acer, which has over 1500 service centers to provide the best possible service to you. They also offer you customizable service support timing so that you get the support at the time your business operates, be it day or night.
- Battery Life:Long battery life is always ideal especially for mobile professional or during back to back meeting days. Some laptops in the market, like Acer’s Swift 3, offers more than 10 hours of battery life, in a very sleek package.
- Security:Businesses deals with lot of data which are confidential or crucial to running the company, any data leakage or loss will be crippling for the business. Ensure your laptop is compatible with latest Windows Professional operating system backed by features like TPM, hard-disk protection and strong anti-virus. Biometric log-in also adds an extra layer of security to prevent unauthorized access to critical data. For instance, Acer Swift 3 or Acer TravelMate laptop uses fingerprint as your password making it more secure along with other high-end security features which are in-built.
- Compatibility with software:Right from accounting to sales automation software your business PC needs to be compatible. Look for a brand which offers multiple configuration options so that you can choose the spec most suited for the software you run without sacrificing on other critical features..
There are couple of PC brands which offer business notebook but its hard to find all of it under one roof. Acer seems to be an exception in this. They have over 41 years of experience in the PC business with a very wide portfolio of business laptops, desktops, servers, workstations along with projectors, monitors and accessories which can fulfill pretty much your complete IT hardware requirement
So, think carefully before you purchase that laptop. It is absolutely crucial to purchase the best possible laptop in your budget since it not just affects your performance but also the bottom line of your business!!