New suite of solutions is operated by HPE Pointnext with a simple, pay-per-use mode
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has announced the launch of HPE GreenLake, a suite of pay-per-use solutions available for top customer workloads. Those offerings include: big data, backup, open database, SAP HANA, and edge computing. As part of its continued focus on providing customers flexible consumption offerings, HPE is also rebranding and making enhancements to HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity, a market leading infrastructure consumption service.
IT teams are under more pressure than ever to deliver solutions fast, while minimizing company risk and cost. The shift to consumption and “everything-as-a-service” accelerates businesses, but often with the loss of control for IT. To answer this challenge, businesses require flexible infrastructure environments on-premises that offer cloud-like capabilities for workloads. HPE GreenLake simplifies the IT experience and offers customers choice in where workloads should live and how to flexibly consume them.
The outcome-based IT consumption solutions include:
- HPE GreenLake Big Data offers a Hadoop datalake, pre-integrated and tested on the latest HPE technology and Hortonworks or Cloudera software.
- HPE GreenLake Backup delivers on-premises backup capacity using Commvault software pre-integrated on the latest HPE technologywith HPE metering technology and management services to run it.
- HPE GreenLake Database with EDB Postgresdelivered on-premises and built on open source technology to help simplify operations and substantially reduce total cost of ownership for a customer’s entire database platform.
- HPE GreenLake for SAP HANA offers an on-premises appliance operated by HPE with the right-sized, SAP-certified hardware, operating system, and services to meet workload performance and availability objectives.
- HPE GreenLakeEdge Computeoffers an end-to-end lifecycle framework to accelerate a customer’s Internet of Things (IoT) journey.
“Building on the leadership and success of consuming infrastructure with HPE GreenLakeFlex Capacity, we are taking the next step in consumption,” said Rajesh Dhar, Senior Director, Pointnext, HPE India. “HPE GreenLake offers an experience that is the best of both worlds – a simple, pay-per-use technology model with the risk management of data that’s under the customer’s direct control.”