VMware Adds New Certified Solutions from A10 Networks, Fortinet, Riverbed, UANGEL, Viptela and ZTE, delivering broad partner coverage across North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific
VMware further expanded the company’s growing ecosystem of VMware Ready for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) certified solutions, with new certified solutions from A10 Networks, Fortinet, Riverbed, UANGEL, Viptela and ZTE. VMware has now certified 22 Virtual Network Functions from 19 vendors worldwide. VMware’s growing set of NFV partners helps global communications service providers adopt and deploy NFV to transform their operations and service portfolio with speed and confidence.
The complete list of VMware Ready for NFV certified solutions is available on the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX). VMware Ready for NFV allows partners to certify their virtual network functions (VNFs) for interoperability with two fundamental VMware NFV components: NFV Infrastructure (NFVI) and a Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (VIM). The VMware Ready certification provides CSPs with the confidence that VMware partner VNF solutions will seamlessly and effectively deploy, run, and interoperate with VMware vCloud NFV. The VMware Ready program designates VMware’s highest level of endorsement for products and solutions created by our established partners, and accreditation builds customer confidence and accelerates further opportunities for collaboration as leaders in the cloud.
- A10 Networks vThunder ADC and GCN Products: A10 Networks Thunder ADC product line of high-performance, next-generation application delivery controllers enables customers’ applications to be highly available, accelerated and secure. Thunder ADC delivers up to 220 Gbps of throughput in a single appliance or 1.7 Tbps of throughput in a cluster.
- Fortinet FortiGate-VM: Fortinet’s Security Fabric provides market-leading security solutions for virtualized and cloud environments. The FortiGate Enterprise Firewall virtual solutions provide proven, scalable security while delivering the flexibility and benefits of VNF-based packaging.
- SteelHead CX for Virtual Deployments: Riverbed SteelHead CX for Virtual Deployments extends optimization and performance to VMware vSphere-based NFV environments. Built on the same SteelHead optimization system that powers physical, cloud, and mobile deployments, SteelHead CX for Virtual brings accelerating application performance while reducing bandwidth—without the physical requirements.
- UANGEL Virtualized Service Control Point (vSCP): UANGEL vSCP is an advanced IN (Intelligent Network) solution providing traditional IN services and Next-Generation IN services, that enables the successful operation of all session types and events including voice, SMS, data and value-added services for all subscriber types, whether in the network or roaming.
- Viptela SD-WAN Solution: The Viptela SD-WAN solution delivers secure end-to-end network virtualization in the Wide Area Network, providing enterprise grade routing, security, centralized policy and orchestration capabilities.
- ZTE vEPC: ZTE vEPC solution is based on ZTE’s virtualized core network (vCN) architecture, which adopts low coupling and stateless design that provides a new carrier-class experience, ease-of-management and ease-of-integration covering 2G/3G/4G/5G core networks.
Gabriele Di Piazza, vice president of solutions, Telco NFV Group at VMware said, “VMware offers a broad ecosystem of certified NFV partners and we are creating a true marketplace for customers to build new services based on best-in-class virtual network functions. VMware is delivering openness and choice across the NFV technology stack – NFVI, VIM, VNFs and Orchestration – and we are extending our coverage across mobile, wirelines, SD-WAN GiLAN and even security. This, combined with our Cross-Cloud Architecture that delivers a common operating environment across the network services and telco IT cloud environments, is enabling VMware to become a go-to partner for digital telco transformation.”
VMware vCloud NFV brings together the core virtualization and management components required to accelerate NFV deployment. VMware vCloud NFV enables CSPs to deploy a unified, multi-vendor and multi-function NFV platform that supports any application at all stages of cloud evolution. The platform enables IT, Network and Operations departments to leverage existing skills and operational experience with VMware virtualization, providing a faster and smoother implementation and ongoing management of telco clouds.