Adobe announces new capabilities in flagship products, performance enhancements and updates to adobe stock
Adobe launched major updates to its flagship Creative Cloud tools and services in India and around the world. The release includes dramatic new features in Adobe’s flagship applications, performance enhancements across Creative Cloud (CC), and exciting updates to Adobe Stock — including deeper integration within CC and the addition of an all-new premium collection of high quality stock content. Spanning across virtually all the Creative Cloud portfolio, updates in this new release target many of the pain points that designers, photographers and filmmakers face every day.
As per the release, the expanded Adobe Stock service includes over 55 million royalty-free, high-quality photos, videos, illustrations and graphics as well as the following new capabilities:
- One-Click Workflow. Deeper Adobe Stock integration with CC applications enables a new One-Click Workflow that lets users select an image or video on the Adobe Stock website and place it on their creative canvas with a single click. Also an expanded In-app Purchase feature delivers an industry-first, one-click license capability, directly from Photoshop.
- Premium Collection. Adobe’s first premium content offering sourced for Adobe Stock includes nearly 100,000 curated images that meet the standards of top advertising agencies, leading brands and digital and print publications.
- Monetization Made Easier. They can contribute directly from desktop and mobile applications including Adobe Lightroom CC, Adobe Bridge CC, Photoshop Fix and Photoshop Mix, providing an easy on-ramp to showcasing and selling their work via Adobe Stock.
Highly anticipated CC features, offering critical time savings and new creative opportunities for Creative Cloud subscribers include:
- Content-Aware Crop in Photoshop, which automatically fills in the gaps when you rotate or expand a canvas beyond the original image size.
- Face-Aware Liquify in Photoshop, an easy way to create artistic effects with facial features using the Liquify Tool while keeping the face in proportion.
- Match Font in Photoshop recognizes and identifies licensed fonts and automatically suggest fonts available on your computer system or available to license through Adobe Typekit.
- Character Animator Preview in After Effects CC, which matches an animated character to a real-life actor’s speech and movements.
- New Virtual Reality (VR) features in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, including “field of view” mode for previewing content.
- Fast Export of assets and artboards in Adobe Illustrator CC, allowing users to export assets to multiple formats and resolutions with a single click.
- Photoshop productivity enhancements, including a four times performance improvement when working with the Font Menu and three times improvement for Content-Aware Fill.
Kulmeet Bawa, Managing Director (Designate), South Asia, Adobe said, “Aimed at helping our customers save time and jumpstart their creative engines, Adobe is constantly focused on developing new product innovations that delight our customers. Today, we are excited to announce a host of advancements to our Creative Cloud portfolio, many of which have been built in our own R&D labs, such as Photoshop Match Font. We are confident that these powerful enhancements will deliver tremendous value for our customers in India and across the globe, and make an immediate impact on the way creative people work every day. We anticipate that new Creative Cloud capabilities like Content-Aware Crop in Photoshop and Character Animator Preview in After Effects CC, as well as Adobe Stock’s deeper integration with CC portfolio will provide a major boost to the productivity of creative workers and organizations in India.”
Updates to CC desktop apps are now available for download by Creative Cloud members as part of their membership at no additional cost. Membership plans are available for individuals, students, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises