At an exclusive event for some of the world’s top artists, designers and engineers, AMD has unveiled powerful new solutions to address modern content creation and engineering: the new Radeon Pro WX Series of professional graphics cards. The new brand, targeting ten million professional graphics users, harnesses the award-winning Polaris architecture and is designed to deliver exceptional capabilities for the immersive computing era.
Transformational inflection points are changing the way content is created:
- Rise of real-time game engines
- Emergence of virtual reality
- Popularity of new low-overhead APIs, such as DirectX® 12 and Vulkan
- Trends to open-source tools and applications, evidenced by the Radeon Open Compute platform, and today’s announcement of Radeon ProRender
The new Radeon Pro WX Series of professional graphics cards represent a revolutionary approach for professionals rooted in a commitment to open, non-proprietary software and high performing, feature-rich hardware that empowers people to truly create “the art of the impossible”.
Radeon Pro WX Series professional graphics cards, based on the acclaimed Polaris architecture, are designed to intersect these new industry inflection points:
- Radeon Pro WX 7100 GPU is capable of handling demanding design engineering and media and entertainment workflows and is AMD’s workstation solution for professional VR content creation under $1,000USD
- Radeon Pro WX 5100 GPU is the ideal solution for product development, powered by the impending game-engine revolution in design visualization
- Radeon Pro WX 4100 GPU provides great performance in a half-height design, finally bringing mid-range application performance demanded by CAD professionals to small form factor (SFF) workstations.
All three products are expected to be available in Q4 of 2016.