The solutions operationalize cloud usage, making large scale recovery a reality in the cloud, improving R&D efficiency, and increasing choice, flexibility and speed of cloud adoption
Commvault releases its Cloud Disaster Recovery, Cloud Development and Test, Cloud Gateway and Cloud Replication solutions.
As companies continue to move data to public and hybrid clouds, they are looking for opportunities to reduce costs, improve utilization, and simplify traditionally complex and siloed management to unlock the true potential of cloud projects. Commvault’s latest cloud solutions are all centered on increasing the value of an enterprise’s cloud investment by delivering cloud automation and orchestration tools deeply integrated with industry leading cloud platforms for disaster recovery, migrations, backup and archive.
“Enterprises are moving to operationalize cloud usage for applications and accelerate the time to value,” said Sabrinath Rao, head of the Cloud Business Unit at Commvault. “Our solutions make it much easier for customers to derive value from their cloud investments, by deeply integrating the on-premise and in-cloud infrastructure, starting with the data and then extending out to controlling access and optimizing utilization. These new cloud solutions combined with our leadership in data protection and information management makes Commvault the trusted advisor for customers moving to the cloud.”
Commvault Cloud Disaster Recovery Makes Large Scale Recovery a Reality in the Cloud
Customers are looking to reduce time to recovery as they leverage backup to the cloud as a great deployment model for off-site protection. With the rapidly declining cost of cloud computing, Commvault Cloud Disaster Recovery is a low risk, high value first step in cloud adoption. Commvault’s
Cloud Disaster Recovery solution enables:
- Recovery in the cloud, regardless of on-premise deployment model, hypervisor (VMware/ HyperV), or location (public/private/hybrid)
- Consistent policy based management by extending VM provisioning and workflows from on premise into the public/hybrid cloud.
Full disaster recovery as an operational reality across all workload types, by enabling full restores to VMs in Infrastructure-as-a-Service
Commvault Strengthens Data Usage in the Cloud with Development and Test, Gateway and Replication Enhancements
In support of enterprise requirements to have easy and repeatable processes to operationalize the cloud, Commvault also announced enhancements to its Solution Set offerings with Cloud Development and Test, Cloud Gateway and Cloud Replication modules.
- Cloud Development and Test –The Commvault solution ties VM Provisioning & Workflows and applies them to managing utilization of Development and Test environments in the cloud. In addition to reducing administrative overhead, it provides infrastructure managers with protection against runaway costs.
- Cloud Gateway – Building on the success of its appliance offering, this software-based gateway is an extension of Commvault’s overall cloud appliance strategy. The Cloud Gateway improves overall backup agility, flexibility and performance, extending the protection tier from on-premise to the cloud.
- Cloud Replication –This completes Commvault’s cloud capabilities in giving customers choice, flexibility and speed as they choose how to get data to the cloud.