The new SureColor S-series 64-inch S40670, S60670 and S80670 printers incorporate the all-new fourth-generation Epson UltraChrome GS3 ink, an eco-solvent inkset that enables reduced ink consumption and is 10% to 15% more efficient in printing compared to previous generations
Epson has announced the launch of its latest next-generation SureColor S-series high performance roll-to-roll eco-solvent printers. The latest S-series is powered by Epson’s industry-leading PrecisionCore printhead technology, and is the company’s most advanced signage printer to date, for printing of photographic quality images for the signage, vehicle graphics and fine art reproduction markets.
The new Epson UltraChrome GS3 ink has improved vibrancy and wider colour gamut, as well as improved drying times and extended outdoor durability, reducing total cost of ownership.
Powered by Epson’s advanced PrecisionCoreTM TFP (Thin Film Piezo) printhead, the new SureColor S-series bring enhanced performance, reliability and image quality. The S-series is designed for high-speed production printing on a wide range of coated and uncoated surfaces with an all-new precision media feeding system for significantly faster speeds compared to predecessors.
“Combined with the latest print head technology, the SureColor S-series also offer versatility and durability in the prints. This will certainly help our customers open up new business opportunities as users are becoming more demanding with the quality of their prints. As the economic landscape looks increasingly positive, we hope that our products will continue to drive excellence and that Epson will continue to remain the brand of choice,” said Mr Vasudevan, Deputy General Manager – Prographic Products, Sales & Marketing, Epson India.
The 64-inch SureColor S-Series solvent printers introduce several new features which enhance the productivity, reliability and quality of signage imaging, including:
- Epson UltraChrome GS3 Ink: The fast-drying Epson UltraChrome GS3 ink delivers improved vibrancy, gloss levels, durability and superior media compatibility. The S80670 also incorporates a new red solvent ink for an expanded color gamut and optional metallic ink, as well as optional white ink for higher opacity to reduce ink sedimentation and dryout. Individual 700 ml ink cartridges enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability. The SureColor S-Series printers are designed exclusively for use with Epson ink cartridges.
- PrecisionCore TFP Printhead: The S-series printers incorporate Epson’s revolutionary PrecisionCore TFP printhead. Epson’s Thin Film Piezo printhead technology uses precisely controlled mechanical force to eject ink, allowing a wider range of inks and ink ingredients to be used than with thermal inkjet systems, and enabling optimum results on a wide range of media.
- Precision Dot image processing technology: Enhanced Epson Precision Dot technology and new Micro Weave technology deliver output with minimal banding, even at the fastest of production print speeds, for outstanding photographic print quality and consistency in output.
- New Precision Media Feeding System: The new SureColor S-series has a newly developed sensor-based precision media feeding system that automatically controls the media tension and motor strength to ensure consistent media feed for truly unattended roll-to-roll printing. Forty individual media rollers with five independent pinch rollers and a sharp media path ensure superior media skew control for tight and accurately finished rolls. The new SC-Series also has new hardware enhancements offering greater resistance to head strikes.
- Simple Operation and Maintenance: Automatic media alignment and setup will allow for faster switching between media types. Automatic print head cleaning—including a newly-developed fabric printhead wiper system significantly reduces the need for manual printhead maintenance. Air circulation system keeps the printhead cleaner for extended performance in high production environments.