Offers 3-day TAT in metro cities, 7-day TAT in non-metro cities
In an initiative to further improve its post-sales services across India, Gigabyte Technology has revamped its warranty terms with a focus on ensuring that every Gigabyte motherboard end-customer gets faster and more efficient support.
As per the new policy, the company is offering a maximum 3-day Turnaround Time (TAT) in metro cities, and a 7-day TAT in non-metro cities as part its three-year service warranty. Playing a major role in making these TATs possible are the recently set up Gigabyte Exclusive Service Centers that also act as after-sales support hubs for their respective regions announced the press release.
However, the policy comes with certain conditions. “If any Gigabyte motherboard fails to work within three-years from the date of manufacture, the company will offer repair / replacement service if there is no physical damage. If the product submitted is found to have no faults, it will be returned without any service charge,” said the press release.
Motherboards with the following conditions are not eligible for the 3-year warranty service. However, chargeable service could be provided thereof.
- Out of 3-year warranty
- Original serial number sticker is removed
- Product not used as per instructions mentioned in the User’s Manual
- Repair attempted by non- Gigabyte authorized service provider / repair center
- Defects resulting from natural disasters
- Motherboards showing signs of Customer Induced Damage (CID). For instance, PCB cracks,
- PCB bent, trace cut on PCB, among others.
- Any defect due to product’s operating environment which is not conducive to the product.
- Motherboard not purchased through Gigabyte’s India authorized distributors. (Parallel import by non- Gigabyte authorized distributors)
If the motherboard is beyond repair due to being flooded, broken into parts, inadequate use or as below displayed conditions, Gigabyte will return it without providing services and charges.