HP has debuted two new PCs, HP Pavilion Wave and HP Elite Slice, that are revolutionizing traditional designs for the home and workplace. HP is transforming the desktop PC to create unique experiences that deliver the power customers expect in small, creative designs.
The HP Elite Slice, HP’s smallest desktop, is a desktop built for communications and collaboration. It is the first modular commercial desktop with cable-less connectivity2 and enables customers to build the desktop of their choice. This desktop changes the way office space is designed by creating streamlined work environments that boast productivity. Versatility, performance and enterprise-grade security merge to deliver greater productivity and collaboration between employees while transforming the workplace and workstyles.
“Today customers want sleek, innovative and powerful desktop designs that enable new experiences,” said Ketan Patel, Director – Personal Systems Category, HP Inc. India. “The HP Pavilion Wave and Elite Slice are the result of HP engineers and designers reinventing the desktop by rethinking its shape, size and look while adding functionality to enable new use case.”
The HP Pavilion Wave naturally sits on top of the desk featuring a compac60-degree sound to fill a room with crisp audio.
The triangular design houses three main zones for components: the motherboard on one side, the hard drive on the second side and thermals on the third side. The thermal design uses heat pipes to extract heat from the motherboard and the graphics card to push out the top of the PC to keep the device running cool.
Other features include:
- Peripheral support with three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.1 Type-C port for data transfer, one HDMI port, one DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and a microphone/headphone jack.
- Built-in speakers and microphone to listen to your music, use Cortana and do skype calls.
- High-performing power house with up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core desktop processors4, ample storage up to 1 TB SDD5 or a 2 TB HDD5, an optional 128 GB SSD5 and up to 16GB of DDR4 system memory.
- Optional AMD Radeon R9 M470 discrete graphics for photo and video editing or light gaming.
HP Elite Slice Designed for Business Productivity and Collaboration
HP Elite Slice is designed to modernize the workplace to cater to the changing workforce and workstyles with new collaboration capabilities. Its modular design features stunning curves in matte black with polished copper accents to streamline workplaces. It allows customers to pick and choose a factory cover or stackable options to add functionality including the Collaboration Cover or Wireless Charging Cover, or stackable modules such as the Audio Module or ODD (Optical Disk Drive) Module for a beautiful PC that is unique to each business and its employees.
The ultra-small, big power form factor is just 6.5” x 1.38” x 6.5” and weighs 2.31 lbs. The cable-less design allows for a clean work environment because customers do not separate cables plugged into the wall to power each component. This is the first commercial desktop powered from a displayvia only one USB 3.1 Type-C cable with a Type-C compatible display including the optional new Quad HD HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor. The display is equipped with integrated wireless charging and USB Type-C to perfectly complement the desktop.
HP Elite Slice versatility is provided by cover and base expansion options. Customers can choose from different covers when configuring the PC and expand the solution at any time with additional modules to create the desktop that best fits their needs:
- HP Collaboration Cover6: turns the desktop into a Microsoft Skype for Business phone10 for easy call management with capacitive touch keys.
- HP Wireless Charging Cover6: wireless charging starts automatically upon contact to eliminate charging cables and ensure mobile phones and devices are powered, ready for use. The Wireless Charging Cover is expected to start shipping in the first half of 2017 and requires factory configuration.
- HP Audio Module: spoken word tuning makes virtual meetings and call experiences crisp and clear with audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen, 360 degree speaker design, dual-microphone array with range of five meters and HP Noise Cancellation software.
- HP ODD Module: for quick and easy back up or to archive files and access legacy content on CDs or DVDs.
Other features include:
- An optional touch fingerprint sensor for improved security and easy authentication.
- HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection, the industry’s first self-healing BIOS-level protection.
- Up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 35-watt processors for the performance to easily handle productivity and collaboration needs4.
- Unique 360-degree dual fan pipe ring keeps the powerful device running cool.
- Peripheral support for enhanced productivity including one Ethernet port, built-in Wi-Fi module11 and antennas, one HDMI and one DisplayPort to power multiple displays.
HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms Built Uniquely for Conference Room Collaboration
The HP Elite Slice portfolio also includes the new HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms solution, the first conferencing room PC with one-touch meeting start12. This offering helps users get more out of their meetings by having seamless technology to drive immersive conferencing and collaboration experiences with integrated audio and full desktop functionality. HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms combines HP Elite Slice, the HP Collaboration Cover, HP Audio Module and Intel Unite software create a unique Microsoft Skype for Business conferencing solution making meeting rooms more intuitive and efficient with crisp, clear sound. For a more immersive conference room experience, this configuration can be combined with the new HP LD5511 55-inch Large Format Display, which features 178-degree viewing angles with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. The high brightness and contrast ratio provide excellent picture quality and readability that is perfect for meeting rooms that seat up to 12 people.
Pricing and Availability
- HP Pavilion Wave starting price is Rs 61990.00 and consumer has a choice to buy HP Monitor separately as per requirement. HP Pavilion Wave is expected to be available at select retailers and HPshopping.com on October 2, 2016.
- HP Elite Slice starting price is Rs. 62,990/- and is expected to be available for shipment from 1st October 2016.
- HP Audio Module price is Rs. 9990/-.
- HP ODD Module price is Rs. 8990/-.
- HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms starting price is Rs. 84,990/- and is expected to be available for shipment from 1st October 2016.
- HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor starting price is Rs. 38,990/- and is expected to be available in October 2016.
- HP LD5511 55-inch Large Format Display starting price is Rs. 89,990/- and is expected to be available for shipment from 1st October 2016.