Partners with the Industry to Deliver Breakthrough Performance, Artificial Intelligence, Battery Life and Responsiveness for Mobile, Gaming and Commercial Segments.
- 10th Gen Intel Core processors (codenamed “Ice Lake”) based on 10nm are now shipping.
- 10th Gen Intel Core processors with Iris Plus graphics bring broad-scale artificial intelligence to the PC for the first time. With approximately 2.5Xaccelerated artificial intelligence (AI) performance, approximately 2Xgraphics performance and nearly 3X faster wireless speeds, these processors bring a new level of integration to power PC experiences for today and the future.
- First specification for the Project Athena innovation program revealed; compliant 10th Gen Intel Core processor-based systems are expected by holiday 2019.
- For gamers and enthusiasts, Intel announced the new special edition 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900KS, delivering 5Ghz all-core turbo, and Intel Performance Maximizer.
- For professionals, Intel launched 9th Gen Intel Core vPro processors, bringing Intel Core i9 to the best for business platform for the first time.
At COMPUTEX 2019, Intel made a sweeping set of product and technology announcements, spanning the hottest segments of the PC industry. From new 10th Gen Intel Core processors and new details on Intel’s innovation program, codenamed “Project Athena” that will take mobile computing to an entirely new level, to the first-ever gaming processor with an all-core turbo of 5GHz, Intel again raised the bar for PC experiences.
“No one wants to compromise, people want it all: battery life, performance, responsiveness, connectivity and slick form factors. Our job is to come together as an industry and deliver incredible and differentiated PCs, purpose built to what real people want. 10th Gen Intel Core processors – our most integrated CPU – and Project Athena are great examples of how our deep investments at a platform level will help fuel innovation across the industry,” said Gregory Bryant, senior vice president and general manager of the Client Computing Group.
10th Gen Intel Core Processors: Highly Integrated; Broad Scale AI to the PC
Intel announced the first 10th Gen Intel Core processors, bringing high performance AI to the PC at scale with Intel Deep Learning Boost (Intel DL Boost). The processors are built on the company’s 10nm process technology, new “Sunny Cove” core architecture and new Gen11 graphics engine. 10th Gen Intel Core processorswill range from Intel Core i3 to Intel Core i7, with up to 4 cores and 8 threads, up to 4.1 max turbo frequency, and up to 1.1GHz graphics frequency.
10th Gen Intel Core processors will take thin-and-light laptops and 2 in 1s to the next level, offering:
- Intelligent performance
- A leap in graphics capabilities
- Best-in-class connectivity
Intel’s highly integrated 10th Gen Intel Core processors give OEM partners the freedom to innovate on design and aesthetic by reducing the silicon footprint while still delivering the latest and greatest standards and world-class performance. The new 10th Gen Intel Core processors are now shipping, with OEM systems expected to be available for holiday 2019.
Project Athena: Accelerating the Pace of Innovation
Intel also shared more details on its innovation program codenamed “Project Athena,” including the1.0 target specification that will usher in the first wave of laptops in the second half of this year. The company also previewed some of the first designs to come from partners spanning consumer and commercial including Acer*, Dell*, HP* and Lenovo*.
Based on years of research to understand people’s needs, challenges and expectations of the laptop, the program prioritizes enabling experiences that are reflective of real-world conditions as measured by “key experience indicators” (KEI).