Energy consumption and CO2 emissions will continue to increase over the coming decades. Schneider Electric leverages technological innovation to use less energy, and to use the energy that we do consume more intelligently. Hence, Schneider Electric is reaching for goals at the company and the consumers end. The 2018-2020 – Schneider Sustainability Impact report states that 120 million metric tons avoided CO2 on the customers’ end through the company’s offerings. In addition to these initiatives, the Schneider Electric Foundation is Maskbook’s main partner. Launched in 2015 by Art of Change 21, Maskbook is an international art project raising awareness on the increasingly high stakes of air pollution and climate change.
In 2015 the company unveiled 10 sustainability commitments. The goal of these pledges is to ensure that Schneider Electric’s entire ecosystem — from the company’s operations to those of our suppliers, customers, and partners — becomes carbon neutral by 2030. With this in mind, the company has renewed and strengthened the 10 sustainability commitments –
- Avoid the emission of 100 million metric tons of CO2on our customers’ end, thanks to our offers (2018 – 2020).
- Use 80% renewable electricity by 2020 and 100% by 2030; and continue to drive energy efficiency toward doubling our energy productivity in our sites over 2005 – 2030 period.
- Achieve 75% of our turnover under the new Green Premium program (2018 – 2020).
- Avoid 100,000 metric tons of primary resource consumption through ECOFIT, product recycling, and take-back programs (2018 – 2020).
- Use 100% cardboard and pallets for transport packing from recycled or certified sources by 2020 (Q4).
- Reach 200 sites labelled Toward Zero Waste to Landfill by 2020 (2015 – 2020) and recover 100% of our industrial waste by 2030 (2015 – 2030).
- Reduce CO2 emissions from the transport of our goods by 3.5% per year (annually since 2012).
- Facilitate access to lighting and communication with low-carbon solutions for 50 million underprivileged people by 2025 (2009 – 2025).
- Propose alternatives to the use of SF6 gas by 2020 (2015 – 2020) and eliminate SF6 from our products by 2025 (2015 – 2025).
- Invest €10 billion in innovation and R&D for sustainability in 10 years (2015 – 2025).