In a discussion with SME Channels, Rishikesh Kamat, Vice President-Products & Services, Netmagic, elaborated about how Netmagic is offering 20+ security services to customers including QRadar in MSSP model.
“AI will help to overcome above challenges and will protect from existing security threats and help to identify known-unknown threats which in turn may help to reduce overall incident response time.”
Vice President-Products & Services,
What is your areas of expertise?
We offer Managed Security Services (MSS) which helps minimize risks, protect critical information and effectively reduce the cost and complexity of customer security infrastructure. with an end-to-end suite of fully managed services, customer get a wide range of solutions that help improve their security posture.
Our MSS offers wide variety of proactive mechanisms to address core security concerns, both within and outside the network.
- 24X7 basis state of the art SOC services which are bound by SLAs based on priority and severity.
- Cloud based delivery with any-time, any-where access and regular threat updates.
- Comprehensive security service catalogue to choose the service that fits customer requirement
- Customized solution which can be deployed on-premises at customer or NTT com Netmagic DC
- Customer can choose between Capex and Pay-as-use model
- Multiple options of SOC including onsite SOC, Shared Remote SOC and Hybrid SOC
As a partner what is your opinion about IBM Security?
IBM security provides comprehensive security solution under one single platform which helps to build security from deploying straight log management/SIEM solution to take security maturity at next level by deploying Next gen tools like SOAR, UEBA, Watson etc.
What is the USP of IBM Security?
- IBM security solutions are industry leader in their space.
- Easy integration available with other IBM security solutions
- Easily accessible content through community, other market place helps to work with subscribed technologies
How do you integrate IBM Security solutions within your products?
We are offering 20+ security services to customers including QRadar in MSSP model. Through SIEM solution powered on IBM individual critical technologies can be integrated with platform which in turn helps to enhance overall customer security posture.
How do you see the emergence of AI in security and role of Cognitive SoC?
Traditional SOC rely primarily on prevention technologies, and rule and signature based detection mechanisms that require prior knowledge of attacker methods, both of which are insufficient to protect against current threats. Also there is a pressure on SOCs due to talent gap, retention, security alert overload, tools not tuned properly, slow to resolve incidents etc.
AI will help to overcome above challenges and will protect from existing security threats and help to identify known-unknown threats which in turn may help to reduce overall incident response time.
What are the benefits of being part of IBM channel program?
Gives us access to right level of support, training and partner enablement and it helps us to increase business and revenue by joint branding activities.
What is the kind of roadmap are you seeing with IBM security?
IBM security portfolio is covering many advance solutions like Resilient, Watson, UEBA etc. but these are not available in MSSP platform which is very much required in today’s security landscape so that comprehensive security solution can be offered via MSSP engagement.
Includes more predictive and automation technologies like SOAR, UEBA, incident Response, forensics.