DNIF offers three distinctive benefits- a simple platform, cost-effective rates, and real- time visibility into the rouble geography.
“To assist with successful cloud deployments and overcome skill gaps that may lead to failures, the DNIF HYPERCLOUD Enterprise Plan offers a streamlined concierge service that enables customers to quickly and easily extract value from the platform.”
– Shomiron Dasgupta, Founder and CEO, DNIF HYPERCLOUD
A cloud-native platform, DNIF HYPERCLOUD brings the functionality of SIEM, UEBA, and SOAR into a single continuous workflow to solve cybersecurity challenges at scale. DNIF HYPERCLOUD delivers key detection functionality using big data analytics and machine learning. Offering a platform that helps customers in ingesting machine data and automatically identify anomalies in the data streams using machine learning and outlier detection algorithms, the company aims to make it easy for cyber security engineers and analysts to detect and hunt threats without alert fatigue and the huge cost advantages.
The figure behind DNIF’s hyper success is Shomiron Dasgupta, its maverick Founder and CEO. A man of many hats, Shomiron has immense passion for tech advancements as an intrusion analyst. He has been building threat detection systems for close to two decades and has established partners in 14 countries across several industries like healthcare, insurance, transport, banking, and media.
In an SME Channels exclusive, Shomiron Dasgupta, Founder and CEO, DNIF HYPERCLOUD, reveals how DNIF is leveraging the immense market opportunity created in the country; his forecasts for the cloud industry; how DNIF is catering to changing business requirements; his sage advice for a channel partners; partner upskilling programs, and much more. Edited Excerpts…
With the announcement of a slew of measures that call for massive and rapid application of cloud solutions in the country in a digital-friendly budget, how do you plan to leverage the immense market opportunity created in the country?
A report by Gartner suggests that 85% of structure strategies will incorporate cloud delivery by 2025. This demonstrates how Cloud computing is gaining popularity and getting more current in our society, affecting both small and large businesses. While the business landscape is big, threat landscape is bigger.
With DNIF HYPERCLOUD we are exactly trying to solve this situation through our advanced SIEM solution. DNIF HYPERCLOUD is designed to utilize the cloud capabilities that go well beyond the traditional on-premise infrastructure SIEM solutions and offers real-time visibility, scalability and flexibility.It is available at an extremely affordable price bracket – the SIEM 365 days’ hot data retention, behavioural analytics and automation capabilities comes at the price of a log storage device.
DNIF HYPERCLOUD solutions are available for clients in India and abroad.
As a Cloud player, what market trends would you forecast in 2023?
As news of data breaches, ransomware, and hacks becomes the norm, it is implied that there will be a parallel shift in cybersecurity trends. Below are some top cybersecurity trends that will dominate 2023.
1) AI-generated malware: While we all are a big fan of AI and machine learning and the many capabilities it offers, it is also a potential territory for cyber crime. The use of artificial intelligence and machine literacy to safeguard from these situations will be big. Through the use of technologies, cybersecurity tools and systems like intrusion discovery and response, trouble stalking, and incident response are being made more effective.
2) Data Breaches – Organizations each over the world will continue to prioritize data. Guarding digital data is the main concern at the moment, whether it’s for an individual or a business. Any disfigurement or weakness in your computer’s software or cyber surfer could allow hackers access to your sensitive data.
3) Cloud security– The need to secure these means grows as further businesses move their data and operations to the cloud. This entails making sure that data is shielded both during conveyance and while it’s stored, as well as that cloud structure is duly configured to circumscribe access.
4) Internet of things – since our daily lives are controlled by the internet, securing those bias becomes pivotal. This covers everything from artificial control systems to home security cameras.
How are your Cloud offerings enhanced to cater to changing business requirements?
As the prevalence of remote work increased due to the pandemic, the use of cloud computing in business has been on the rise and is expected to continue. Cloud computing offers various benefits such as enhancing productivity, improving collaboration, and fostering innovation, which can ultimately lead to time and cost savings for businesses.
To assist with successful cloud deployments and overcome skill gaps that may lead to failures, the DNIF HYPERCLOUD Enterprise Plan offers a streamlined concierge service that enables customers to quickly and easily extract value from the platform. This service facilitates faster deployment, allows customers to stay up-to-date with potential threats, and helps improve the overall maturity of threat management and incident handling processes.
Our other services includes –
● Platform Onboarding – take the customer team through a 5 session (1hr per session) onboarding program, with the objective of enabling the users of the platform with all the operative skills required.
● Event Source Onboarding – handhold event source stakeholders to correctly configure sources and build connectors in case of new integrations.
● Extractor Engineering – configure the right extractors required and build extractors based on the extractor benchmark where required.
● Content Engagement – enable out of the box threat content and build out custom content based on requirement
● Periodic Maturity Reviews – evaluate effectiveness, tactical improvements over time and finally the defensive maturity of the environment.
What all a channel partner needs to have to adopt Cloud business and what are the steps to start Cloud practice?
Technical expertise: to effectively communicate the value proposition of SaaS products (in our case, SaaS SIEM) to your customers. Sales and marketing skills: You should have strong sales and marketing skills to effectively promote SaaS SIEM to your customers. You should be able to identify potential customers who can benefit from SaaS SIEM and communicate the features and benefits of the product effectively.
Architecture: You should have an understanding of the cloud-based architecture of the SIEM solution. This includes knowledge of how data is ingested to size collectors and ensure a secure transfer of log data to the cloud SIEM. Understanding of network protocols.
Cybersecurity knowledge: You should have a strong understanding of cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors. This includes knowledge of malware, ransomware, and other common attack techniques.
Please brief us on the kind of service support you extend to your channel partners?
At DNIF HYPERCLOUD, we offer three distinctive benefits- a simple platform, cost-effective rates, and real- time visibility into the rouble geography. Some of our USPs are cost effectiveness at scale. A large dataset means visibility pretensions get limited by budget. SIEM is precious. We have reinvented event storehouses for analytics and cybersecurity and offer 365 day’s hot storehouses at the price of 30 days.
Ease of onboarding SIEM is extremely delicate and lengthy to apply. It can take weeks or months to complete the onboarding process. We also have an auto- discovery machine that doesn’t bear configuration for different biases. Just point logs to DNIF and forget about it. The automatic identification of log format and source type takes care of the on boarding.
Reduced alert fatigue and critic’s headcount – We use connected signals to reduce 300 pitfalls into 6 to 8 trouble clusters or crusade visualizations. This decreases the needed headcount for discovery and reduces judges’ alert fatigue too.
What kind of Partner training programs are run by your company to upskill your partners?
We provide training on all DNIF aspects starting from an administration training which consists of detailed orientation about DNIF architecture, integrations, component overview, etc. which is then followed by DNIF console training wherein we make sure that the analyst or user must know every minute detail on DNIF console and must become proficient to use the same, in case in future if someone wants to develop their own use cases for any new threat or parsers for any new log then DQL [DNIF Query Language]and extractor building training is also provided so that customize development also becomes a smoother task.
Navigating global data privacy and sovereignty laws has become a big issue for global companies. How do you look at the issue?
Now enterprises, governments, and private citizens likewise have no way been more apprehensive of their data — in terms of volume, value, and ethical significance. This is arguably most apparent in the colorful conversations girding data sovereignty, which has become one of the most interesting data trends of the last several times. For ultramodern associations, the significance of icing data sovereignty involves much further than simply meeting the nonsupervisory conditions of countries in which they do business. Enterprises must follow regulations while also striking an effective balance between their guests’ data sequestration enterprises, cybersecurity requirements, and business precedence.